Re: Linux 2.2.13ac1

Hans Reiser (reiser@idiom.com)
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:41:04 +0400

Let us know when you will be ready to look at ReiserFS, journaling is working
and in late beta. We are porting it to 2.3.latest now. Let us know if you
intend to put in the LFS patch too.

Hans

Alan Cox wrote:

> 2.2.13ac1 is now on kernel.org.
>
> I'm trying to build a sort of plus pack of probably stable stuff not all of
> which will ever end up in 2.2 proper. Something else I want to stress here
> Not all of it may end up in 2.3.x either nor compatibly.
>
> The idea is to drop fairly stable blocks of additional support in as a 2.2
> extended kernel for those who want the facilities. If you don't need the
> extra facilities you should expect 2.2.13 generic to be more stable.
>
> 2.2.13ac1 is the first test release of this lot together so it probably
> has bugs. Please report them to me not to driver maintainers (except for
> the specific whole new features).
>
> Alan
>
> Features added that probably won't be going into 2.2. proper
> o RAW I/O
> o IP Virtual Server (load balancing across servers)
> o RAID 0.90
> o Knfsd update
> o Pentium III support
>
> Features added which will go into 2.2 if they prove ok in 2.2.13ac
> o Cross platform fixes for the audio code
> o Alpha platform updates that didnt quite make 2.2.13
> o Multi APIC support
> o Hash table sizing by system memory size
> o PCI ID updates
> o PCnet/PCI updates - IBM card support, FIFO handling, go faster
> stripes
>
> Stuff Im considering if this one goes OK.
>
> o Bigmem
> o Andrea's memory balancing changes to test out
> o ext3fs once the tools are ready
> o Reiserfs
>
> -

Get Linux (http://www.kernel.org) plus ReiserFS
 (http://devlinux.org/namesys).  If you sell an OS or
internet appliance, buy a port of ReiserFS!  If you
need customizations and industrial grade support, we sell them.