Re: ARP-patch question.

Stephen D. WIlliams (sdw@lig.net)
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:09:09 +0000

I know about that problem, but didn't need to solve it yet. It is an
incorrect operation, however my patch simply makes sure that if interface B
doesn't want to ARP that interface A won't respond with ARP's for it.

If I was sure that noone ever wants the cross-ARPing that is happening now I
would prevent that also. It certainly screws up benchmarks and multi-adapter
parallelism.

I'll think about releasing a separate patch for that however I expect that the
developers working more often on the ARP and networking code will fix the real
problem. I'm not sure I will have the time to fix the code correctly.

Thanks
sdw

--
OptimaLogic - Finding Optimal Solutions     Web/Crypto/OO/Unix/Comm/Video/DBMS
sdw@lig.net   Stephen D. Williams  Senior Consultant/Architect   http://sdw.st