Re: [patch] zmagic 2.2.13 fix [Re: binfmt_aout.c]

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 02:21:04 +0200 (CEST)

On 23 Oct 1999, david parsons wrote:

> If the grand scheme is to not allow a.out executables, then take
> the binfmt_aout module out of the baseline kernel. I don't take
> kindly to the idea of 7 machines spitting out "a.out executables
> are evil" messages every 5 seconds to my log system.

Ok. So just remove the printk. As just said I don't bother about them. The
only reason I took them is that they was present in 2.3.x and as you and
everybody else out there never complained about them in 2.3.x until today,
I thought you all liked them. It seems my guess was wrong.

So don't worry to complain about things you don't like in 2.3.x (don't
wait to find them in 2.2.x before complain ;).

Andrea