Re: [patch] zmagic 2.2.13 fix [Re: binfmt_aout.c]

Matthew Wilcox (Matthew.Wilcox@genedata.com)
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 13:34:52 +0200

On Sun, Oct 24, 1999 at 02:21:04AM +0200, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> On 23 Oct 1999, david parsons wrote:
>
> > If the grand scheme is to not allow a.out executables, then take
> > the binfmt_aout module out of the baseline kernel. I don't take
> > kindly to the idea of 7 machines spitting out "a.out executables
> > are evil" messages every 5 seconds to my log system.
>
> Ok. So just remove the printk. As just said I don't bother about them. The
> only reason I took them is that they was present in 2.3.x and as you and
> everybody else out there never complained about them in 2.3.x until today,
> I thought you all liked them. It seems my guess was wrong.

Oh, david has complained several times about the error messages in 2.3 :-)

David, as I understand it, the message is not `a.out is evil', but
`Zmagic is evil because you can't share mappings'.

--
Matthew Wilcox <willy@bofh.ai>
"Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of