Re: Patch to compile bttv.c in 2.3.23

Rene Rebe (rene.rebe@okay.net)
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 16:22:55 +0200

Hello Kai!

I found this on the kernel-mailinglist::

> > The following patch enables me to use bttv in 2.3.23 while waiting for
> > Alan Cox (or some other person) to fix the driver properly. The idea for
> > this patch comes from the changes in fs/proc/array.c for 2.3.23.
>
> The driver uses 32bit DMA. if you use kmap you get a magic alias via the MMU
> for the CPU to use the page. Swap it for page_address(pte_page(pte))
>
> Alan
>

> -

I changed my isp and so got a few days no mail from the kernel-list
;-(...

Could you send me the patch for the bttv.c or point me to a
web-location I can find it??

k33p h4ck1n6 René

--
Registered Linux user: #127875

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged $25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from this message or its header, you agree to these terms.