Re: lpr stopped working

Joe (joeja@mindspring.com)
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 13:44:24 -0400

It turns out that it is a vmware thing..

Apparently vmware uses the /dev/parport* devices for bi-directional printing.
Somehow even after I have uninstalled there software from my system there is
still a reference on my system to /dev/parport.

my filters point to /dev/lp0 but when I execute lpr it is referencing
/dev/parport. The modules from vmware have been removed from my system, as well
as vmware.

Thanks, but this IS a vmware bug, and anyone using vmware should be cautioned on
how this software can screw up your system with there none standard way of doing
things.

--
Joseph Acosta ........ SMP Linux / NT 4.0 / BSD /Solaris
home: joeja@mindspring.com