Re: [OOPS] 2.3.22 boots but very unstable

Erich Zigler (erichz@superhero.org)
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 23:29:03 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, imel... wrote:

> 2.3.23 oops no more, instead it's giving VM: killing x message.
> the bad thing is that the VM is so mean it kills all processes.
> ctrl-scroll lock showed only one process left, and it isn't init.

This also happened to me today, I was running dselect and dpkg upgrading
my system and the system really got sloggish. Then it completely locked
up. Last message I saw was VM: killing all my shells, all my processes and
lastly, init. Had to take the battery pack off of my VAIO just to get the
thing to reboot.... only had it occur that one time though.

--
Erich Zigler		        ----                  System Administrator
"System Administration is a few hours of boredom followed by several