Re: 2.2.13 Sparc SMP Spinlocks...

Stephen Frost (sfrost@ns.snowman.net)
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 14:10:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Robert Dinse wrote:

> Am curious what you are doing on that machine.. I've had good luck with
> machines sitting idle, this is about a 1 million hit/day web server. I would
> suspect you would have something fairly heavy duty to justify that much RAM.
> Also curious what CPU's you have in that SS-20, maybe is CPU specific (i.e.,
> fine with TI sucks with Ross or something along those lines). If all I have to
> do to make this thing stable is replace SS-10 with SS-20 chassis I'd do it!

Hehe, actually, at the moment it isn't doing anything, though I'd be
more than happy to do just about anything to it. It's more-or-less my playtoy
for a little while, we're testing having Linux running on a Sparc. The CPU's
are TI's, 60mhz. Also there is only two of them. Have any thoughts on
something I could use to generate a similar load to what you have to see if
that makes a difference?

Stephen