No need to recompile ISDN utils for 2.2.13

Paul Slootman (paul@wau.mis.ah.nl)
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 18:16:15 +0200

I haven't seen this corrected on l-k yet, so:

In article <19991021124626.A19578@gruyere.muc.suse.de> Karsten Keil writes:

>Here was one bugfix in 2.2.13pre15 which change the phone number size to 32
>in all structs (because of problems with some call by call prefixes).

This was a false alarm!

Check the 2.2.13 sources, folks; ISDN_MSNLEN is still safely at 20 in
linux/include/linux/isdn.h . There was some miscommunication that led to
this confusion.

You do NOT need to recompile the ISDN utilities as a result.
There was only some problem with ipppd not correctly handling -ac kernel
versions (which should have been a problem with whatever kernel version,
not just 2.2.13).

Paul Slootman

--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/