Re: aha152x & 2.3.xx

Luca Montecchiani (m.luca@iname.com)
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 07:55:20 +0200

"Garst R. Reese" wrote:

> aha152x_setup is still an unresolved symbol in pre2.3.24-3 using
> pcmcia-cs-3.1.3. PCMCIA is NOT configured in the kernel.
>
> DEBUG is also unresolved in irlan, ircomm and ircomm_tty, but I suspect
> that will just go away.
>
> Garst

Oh well I don't use any PCMCIA stuff, I've only tested the
"new init scheme breaks aha152x.c" patch on my system also
with two 1505 scsi cards.
Before this patch (now in 2.3.23) aha152x was usable only
as module.
I've also noticed that difference from 2.2.x version are
minimal and maybe is better to have only one 152x source
for 2.2 and 2.3 kernel.

I think there is no problem to fix this "unresolved symbol"
but as you can see I've CC all aha152x related mails also to
the MAINTAINER Juergen Fisher that never reply.

thanks,
luca

E-mail......: Luca Montecchiani <m.luca@iname.com>
W.W.W.......: http://i.am/m.luca - http://luca.myip.org
Speakfreely.: sflwl -hlwl.fourmilab.ch luca@
I.C.Q.......: 17655604

Non esiste vento favorevole per il marinaio che non sa dove andare Seneca