Re: serial.c (half duplex support)

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 17:00:37 +0200 (MEST)

Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> So if this really is a problem were we're really seeing interrupt gaps,
> then let's address it. But I'm not really sure this is a problem.
> Let's not make trouble for ourselves --- we have enough other things to
> keep ourselves busy.

Ok, let me clarify my point-of-view in this discussion:

I'd expect Linux to get the most out of the hardware. In this case,
transmissions achieving the full 115k2 on hardware that is capable of
that.
I'd -=like=- this to be achieved. If not, too bad. As long as it works.

David is in a position where the gaps violate the spec, and he might
get caught in a situation where things actually don't work due to the
gaps.

Roger.

 "I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame it on you."