Re: Linux 2.2.14pre2

Kelly STriker Price (tygris@Glue.umd.edu)
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 17:12:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Alan Cox wrote:
> > I take it these are internal bug fixes instead of what GCC's FAQ says("Put
> > -fno-strict-aliases on the CFLAGS line of the top-level makefile..." or
> > similar)? Editing the Makefile with that flag works, but probably not in
> > the long-term what everyone wants.
>
> You need both

Strange. Stock 2.2.13 compiled on an 486SL using GCC 2.95.1 with just
CFLAGS works fine.

Could it be a specific processor problem that we're having? Anyone else
running on a 486 or below able to get a working kernel from GCC 2.95.1
without the problems we're having here?

p |\ _,,,---,,_ Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
u /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ http://www.FurNation.com/STriker
r |,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-' WolfSkunks for a better Linux Kernel