Re: 2.2.x: "hda: no DRQ after issuing WRITE", but not on 2.0.x

Andre Hedrick (andre@suse.com)
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:10:21 -0700 (PDT)

It appears to be a leading interrupt that does not get cleared in the
driver. Since this is an evolving issue as the hardware changes, it is
painful to attempt to wrap a headache around this new issue.

First thing to try is a chipset tuning "monster" patch on your local
kernel mirror.

Since you are poking an ATA-66 device with an ATA-33 host adapter, you
need to verfiy that the "controller is in the correct mode and the drive
is back-speed to the correct transfer rate.

What does "hdparm -iI /dev/hda" return?

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy