Re: No boot woes continue 2.3.23-24

TimO (hairballmt@mcn.net)
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 20:10:52 -0600

Brian

I had a similiar problem if I compiled and installed the new kernel
image while running v2.3.22. My computer just hung after decompression
but, it is also just a 486. It seems(to me) a filesystem bug in 2.3.22
was causing LILO to address the kernel image incorrectly. I solved my
problem by going back to an earlier kernel version (v2.3.18) and
recompiling and installing 2.3.23 after which I had no problems.
Just for kicks, I tried going from 2.3.22 -> 2.3.24 when it came out
and had the same problem. Going from 2.3.23 -> 2.3.24 worked just fine.
Reverting back to 2.3.18 wasn't a problem for me since I always keep
2 or 3 images around. Hopefully you do the same and can give this a try
without too much headache.

--- TimO