Re: Linux Buffer Cache Does Not Support Mirroring

Sun, 31 Oct 1999 15:55:16 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Peter Tonoli wrote:

> > > What is problem with the RAID drivers?
> >
> > Could I try a couple of guesses?
> [...]
> > Guess number 2:
> > ---------------
> > Someone just missed that Linux has support for mirroring. ;-)
>
> Or... RAID is incompatible with NWFS :)

Was basically my guess number 1, but your comments let guess number 3
come to mind:

Based on the description of the buffer changes for NWFS, it seems they can
be used both. That means that NWFS for linux will be usable with software
mirroring at the power of 2. People that uses recent I2O or later RAID
controllers will even be able to use NWFS with mirroring at the power of
3. ;-)

Gérard.