Re: NFS/RPC problems w/ 2.2.12 + a feature suggestion for NFS/remounting

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 13:24:08 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Yes, but if the remote system is not responding and the local process
> > using the mount is stuck in IO wait, you're basically stalemated. I've
> > never been able to kill a process in this state.
>
> umount -f breaks pending NFS rpc's out of wait and they return -EIO to the
> app. At that point signals will take effect

Urf. I must have ghosts in the machine or something. The next time this
happens I'll try to get a trace on umount -f and save anything that
appears in the logs/console.

Steve