Re: 2.2.x fails to identify hard disk buffer?

Andre Hedrick (andre@suse.com)
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 19:54:49 -0800 (PST)

I will state it again......

FUJITSU drives have a 512k buffer that is used for firmware.
ZERO, ZIPPO, NADA, NOWAY is any of it used for buffering.

Translation equal to the original Celeron 300A.

Just because a drive claims to have cache, doesnot mean it is usable.
You need to ask yourself, caching what????

In this case, the firmware for the drive.

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy