Re: 2.2.12 Kernel Oops in parport_pc with plip and alsa

Greg Stark (gsstark@MIT.EDU)
03 Nov 1999 10:43:11 -0500

The patch I sent was from the 2.2.13 patch, I'm still on 2.2.12 so I was
wondering if it might fix the crash.

I don't understand how alsa could scribble on anything that would cause the
stack trace to jump off into never-never-land though. it would have to be
writing on the code segments?

--
greg