Re: Linux Buffer Cache Does Not Support Mirroring

Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 09:53:58 -0700

The less time spent holding sleep locks the better. calling lots of
redundant sync code to release a bndle of IO requests is dumb if you can
release them in batch. NT uses something called MDL lists that allow
multiple requests for a file to be transacted accross several processors
at the same time, reducing latency.

Jeff