Re: e2fsck 1.17 dumps core: SIG 11

Theodore Y. Ts'o (tytso@mit.edu)
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 10:04:07 -0500

From: Jon Evans <jevans@red-net.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 14:25:40 +0000 (GMT)

(This message also mailed to tytso earlier this week)

Sorry, I didn't get it....

Completely reproducible (but I don't want to :-) e2fsck dumps core
with a sig 11, just before it marks out 35GB /usr1 volume clean. Core
file available on request. It did this 3 times before I got round the
problem by zeroing out the check frequency field in /etc/fstab

Can you give me access to your machine, or otherwise give me a dump of
your filesystem? I've gotten a few scattered reports of this, but not
enough information for me to really debug this problem.

- Ted