Re: linux interrupt handling problem

Roman Zippel (zippel@fh-brandenburg.de)
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 17:34:06 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

On 9 Nov 1999, Jes Sorensen wrote:

> We already have this feature, you run the critical interrupt as
> SA_INTERRUPT, the rest as normal sti() ones. The 7 priorities don't
> buy you anything.

We never had that feature in a working version. And even if it would work
you would limit yourself to only two interrupt sources, for everything
more advanced you can forget about good perfomance.

Another reason is that the driver writer had to decide how "important" his
driver is and set the SA_INTERRUPT for this. As soon as you want to get
more than one driver working properly together, you get problem with this
system.

bye, Roman