Re: 2.2.{12,13} lock on shutdown on Abit BP6 SMP Celeron

roel@grobbebol.xs4all.nl
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 22:30:12 +0000

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 08:17:02PM -0800, Landon Fuller wrote:
> I have a dual Celeron 466, Abit BP6 board. Starting with 2.2.12, when I
> first noticed it, on occaision, shutdown -h now would *immediately* lock
> the machine. Hard. No beep, no warning, just lock. It still occurs with
> 2.2.13, I just saw it a few minutes ago. Immediately after, I had
> occaision to shutdown again, and it worked without trouble. I have no clue
> as to what is causing this. I heard whisperings of APM problems from
> someone, but I don't have APM enabled in the kernel.
>
> What could be causing this? It's very, very annoying ;)
> I would run 2.0.x, but the SMP is lackluster :(

as stated a few days ago -- this happens to me as well. same hardware (BP6)
and celerons @ 466 MHz. Note that I currently run 2.2.14pre4 and that seems
to solve the problems completely.

I don't use APM either btw. indeed, it locks hard.

--
Grobbebol's Home                   |  Don't give in to spammers.   -o)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~bengel       | Use your real e-mail address   /\