Re: Reiserfs licencing - possible GPL conflict?

Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 02:15:53 -0700

Dear Greg,

You've got a pretty foul mouth. I think more is better for Linux.
Linux could use more FS's and features, and I think having a B++ tree
tht overlays EXT2 is pretty cool. Also, a grep of the Linux source base
for the name "Greg Maxwell" returns <NULL> which is how much weight I am
going to give your comments. You can call Andrew McCullough at
801-222-9635 if you want to talk to our attorneys (since you asked for
his phone #) if you need to understand his thinking about the GPL. He's
53 years old, and has been doing IP law for about 25 years. Hope this
helps.

Jeff