Re: disk corruptions on "tuned" disks Was: APM killing low-latency performance

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:05:36 +0100 (MET)

Alan Cox wrote:
W> > > the hand tuning it. The latter is _very_ hard.
> >
> > Of course I agree 100% : the system should be reliabe and THEN efficient.

> Right. So if you want to deliver the ultimate Linux GUI tuning app
> go for it. But the default has to be safety first.

... because if it's not, you might not even be able to get to the
point where you can tune the system...

Roger.

 "I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame it on you."