Re: NFS

David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:28:53 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Trond Myklebust wrote:

> > Can we expect to see a working NFS v3/KNFS for NFS v3 by the
> > time the v2.4 kernels come out (preferably sooner of course, so
> > that we can test it properly...)
>

> That's really up to Linus to decide: I'm slowly feeding him the
> patches, and so far he hasn't refused anything...

Sounds nice...

> If you want to help in the testing of the NFSv3 client for
> linux-2.3, then I have already made patches available on the usual
> place:
> http://www.fys.uio.no/~trondmy/src

Ehrm, I suffer from the __tiny__ problem that my computer doesn't boot
properly with the v2.3.xx kernels... This is because of a bug in the
ibmmca SCSI driver... Most annoying.

However, I'll try to set up an experiment-box of sorts that isn't using
MCA (oh, horrible though, having to use ISA?! Gahh!) and begin testing.

I consider the v2.3.xx series a little too unstable to test on our
web-servers...

> In addition, they have been checked in to the Linux-NFS CVS repository
> on sourceforge. Please read the NFS archives on
> http://lists.varesearch.com/archives/nfs for details on how to check
> out sources from the CVS repository.

Ok.

/David
_ _
// David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </