Re: info scope doesn't work for modules...

Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 17:41:56 +1100

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:30:51 +0000 (GMT),
Tigran Aivazian <tigran@sco.COM> wrote:
>I compiled everything (kernel and modules) with -g, used the latest
>/proc/kcore (see patch http://www.ocston.org/~tigran/patches/kcore),
>used "add-symbol-file /lib/modules/2.3.27/fs/bfs.o addr", where addr is
>the address of text (found via ksymoops -s map < /dev/null) and tried to
>use "info scope bfs_read_super" and .... it didn't work. It works fine for
>functions statically linked into the kernel but not for modules. Any idea
>why?

WHich version of gdb are you using? gdb 4.16 is confused by .o files
compiled with -g. AFAICT, the problem is fixed in gdb 4.17. When you
say "it didn't work", what are the symptoms?