Re: [patch] zoned-2.3.28-G5, zone-allocator, highmem, bootmem fixes

Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 12:17:16 +0000 (GMT)

Ingo Molnar writes:
> no. The zone stuff is completely transparent, all GFP_* flags (should)
> work just as before. All interfaces were preserved. So shortly before 2.4
> it is not acceptable to break established APIs. (neither is it necessery)

Except discontiguous memory systems, which I've now got a real bad headache
for and am currently resorting to a fixed zone-size until the new stuff can
be fixed. Dunno if this is going to work yet, since the free watermarks
are going to be just wrong.
_____
| | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/aboutme.html / / |
/ | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\