Re: A problem with loopback device in 2.3.26

Richard Gooch (rgooch@ras.ucalgary.ca)
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:33:26 -0700

Tigran Aivazian writes:
> Hi,
>
> > I suspect the page cache change back in the early 2.3.x's is to blame.
>
> I suspect the same thing to be blamed for ramdisk not working (in
> 2.3.28) either. I am still trying to figure it out...

Yes. I had similar problems with a ramdisc. In fact, I was originally
using ramdiscs, found they had a problem, and switched over to loop
devices. The problem persisted, so I booted 2.2.6 instead (long enough
to build a compressed root FS for my router, anyway).

Regards,

Richard....
Permanent: rgooch@atnf.csiro.au
Current: rgooch@ras.ucalgary.ca