Re: [gphoto-kodak] Re: Kodak DC-265 overrunning linux serial driver?

Matthew Wilcox (Matthew.Wilcox@genedata.com)
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 20:04:51 +0100

On Sat, Nov 20, 1999 at 02:05:32AM -0800, brian@worldcontrol.com wrote:
> On the other hand, downloading pictures at 115200 on my laptop
> works fine in single user mode.
>
> Oh, I also, while in multi-user mode, downloaded or attempted to
> download pictures at various rates while a netscape was in
> an infinite loop trying to hog 100% of the CPU time. This did
> not affect the behavior of the downloads. 115200 died all the
> time right away. 57600 worked most of the time.
>
> On the other hand, sort of general work (like moving among desktops
> in WindowMaker and running mutt and using vi) would cause 57600
> downloading to abort regularly.

So is X causing the problems? Can you exit X and then try a download?

--
Matthew Wilcox <willy@bofh.ai>
"Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of