EXT3 and reiserfs in same 2.2.13 kernel

Matthias Andree (mandree@sx1.HRZ.Uni-Dortmund.DE)
22 Nov 1999 20:00:15 +0100

"Stephen C. Tweedie" <sct@redhat.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 12 Nov 1999 23:52:00 -0500, Scott McDermott
> <vaxerdec@frontiernet.net> said:
>
> > Eric Dumas on Sun 7/11 10:24 -0800:
> >> ftp://ftp.uk.linux.org/pub/linux/sct/fs/jfs/
>
> > Is it really named JFS?
>
> No. "linux/fs/jfs" is where the general-purpose journaling code I've
> added lives, but the externally-visible journaled filesystem which
> lives on top of that is called ext3 for now.

I tried to patch a 2.2.13 with reiserfs and ext3, apart from the crucial
Makefile rejects, I get symbol collisions for these symbols:

buffer_journaled() <- a lot
journal_release() <- a couple (2)

It compiled, but reiserfs ooopsed then. Not sure if there are further
duplicate symbols that went unnoticed.

I'm using ext3-0.0.2c on a plain-2.2.13+reiserfs, with the kdb-patches
that come with ext3 applied. reiserfs is the beta with journaling
support.

--
Matthias Andree

Hi! I'm the infamous .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!