Re: PCAnywhere locks up 2.2.13 solid.

Arjan van de Ven (arjan@fenrus.demon.nl)
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 10:23:53 +0100 (CET)

In article <001101bf396f$f59d19d0$020a0a0a@totalmef> you wrote:
> I did not try 2.2.12, i can't bring the fw down right now.
> I disabled these options:
> netlink socket,

> Now it works like a rock. I wonder is any of these configs are
> known to fail when conbined...

If they are combined with IPv6, they just might.... (see below)

> One strange thing was that i couldn't disable some of these options
> they kept popping back all the time (xconfig,menuconfig) so i had
> to reconfigure a fresh 2.2.13 kernel.

There is a known bug in the kernel-configure scripts with IPv6 and netlink.
Usually, a "make oldconfig" after a normal config solves the problem. It
might be just the case that this bug affects your kernel (although usually
it does not build).

The question, therefore, is: Do you have IPv6 configured?

Greetings,
Arjan van de Ven