Re: Philips CM-205 cdrom driver (and a coupla other cdrom probs)

teunis (teunis@computersupportcentre.com)
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:10:28 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Whatever happened to the Philips CM-205 driver? It used to work really
> > well... My mother has an ancient 486 with a beethoven audiocard and a LMS
> > CM-205 cdrom and windows-3.1 won't work for her (ISP only talks to 32-bit
>
> I imagine nobody has updated it for the new __setup stuff. Are you using
> it (or not ...) as a module or compiled in.

Can't. I -remember- it being in the source tree last time I looked
(lmcd.c or something like that) but it's -gone-. Suspect noone updated it
and then people got tired of it hanging around and ousted it. I suppose I
could try to hack one up from an old source somewhere but I don't know.

G'day, eh? :)
- Teunis