Re: unresolved symbols in module dependencies

Ken Ken (kennymz3@hotmail.com)
Thu, 02 Dec 1999 15:16:40 CST

>From: arjan@fenrus.demon.nl (Arjan van de Ven)
>To: kennymz3@hotmail.com (Ken Ken)
>Subject: Re: unresolved symbols in module dependencies
>Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 19:43:31 +0100 (CET)
>
>In article <19991202181826.41571.qmail@hotmail.com> you wrote:
>
> > HOW IN THE HECK do i fix this? In fact the output depmod -ae 2.2.12-20
> > reveals many many more unresolved symbols.... but i am primarily
>interested
> > in fixing the one i specified. That module is the pcmcia card driver i
>am
> > porting...
>
>You didn't compile your 2.2.12-20 kernel with "version info" on the
>modules?
>That doesn't work for non-in-kernel modules.
>
>Greetings,
> Arjan van de Ven

So...if i understand what you are saying (which i'm not sure i do) there is
a setting needed when configuring the kernel before compilng (make xconfig
in my case) that says "version info"? I did look at my settings again...
and nothing jumped out and bit me in the face. Did i miss something? Which
area or topic of the configuration should i look for this version info
setting?

did anything i just said make any sense? :)

ken