Re: PATCH for 2.3.29: block device setup cleanup.

Marcin Dalecki (dalecki@dacotec.net)
Fri, 03 Dec 1999 10:55:41 +0100

Jeff Garzik wrote:

> While you are hacking block devices, please consider implementing a
> "sync" function pointer for each block device. See comment in
> sync_dev() in fs/buffer.c for the reason.
>
> Regards,

First of all I will try to gather all the data necessary for the device
handling my major into a single struct. Thereafter I will collapse
all the minor stuff into a "sub structure" and so on.
Then I will replace all the direct refferences by proper
access/setup methods, then one can start to try to remove
all those kdev_t by pointers to this stuff bottom up...

However I will just go read through the comments you mention.

--Marcin