Re: I2O support?

Ard van Breemen (ard@cstmel.nl.eu.org)
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 19:04:25 +0100

On Sat, Nov 13, 1999 at 03:46:36AM -0000, Matthew Clark wrote:
> While I'm here - does anyone know what is a decent amount of I20 Cache for a
> RAID controller? We only seem to have 16Mb out of a possible 128Mb.. it has
> been suggested that this could be the cause of an IO bottleneck we're having
> with an HP NetServer LH4...
Try turning the caching off your performance might increase ...
Write cacheing is usually done by your OS, so using cacheing mechanisms of
your controller usually does not help you, and sometimes even makes it
worse. Excess cache on your controller board does help if the memory on
the board is much bigger than that of your CPU.
--
 intel1: 6:59pm up 10 days, 20:25, 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00