Re: Binary drivers (Linux is DOOMED, DOOMED!)

David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 17:33:49 -0800

From: "Kendall Bennett" <KendallB@scitechsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 16:40:18 -0800

I would, but Linus will not accept it. I asked about this about a
month ago, because I am interested in helping out with this.

They why even moan about it here on the kernel list if you know how
the core kernel developers feel about the issue already?

You complain that the mechanisms are simple for what you want to
achieve, yet you don't want to submit the patches to implement them
because you know they won't be accepted, why waste everyone's time?
Arguments along with zero action equals zero progress.

I believe Alan is not budging on the issue, and Linus neither, so move
on and get on with life instead of making everyone here on the list
miserable.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com