Re: over 5Gb missing from a 13.5Gb disk

Wichert Akkerman (wichert@cistron.nl)
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 14:32:24 +0100

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J

Previously Kristofer T. Karas wrote:
> Try playing around with the disk geometry parameters in
> your BIOS to change the large/normal/lba setting until you achieve
> those values.

Unfortunately that's not an option with my BIOS.. it doesn't even show
you what it thinks the disk geometry is. I'm also not convinced that
that is the problem, since the exact same number is also printed
on the disk itself..

> (But note: if you have Windoze installed, you'll need to back up your
> disk and reinstall, as it changes the mappings!)

It's a new and still empty disk, so I don't mind..

Wichert.

--=20
/ Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience \
| wichert@liacs.nl http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |
| 1024D/2FA3BC2D 576E 100B 518D 2F16 36B0 2805 3CB8 9250 2FA3 BC2D |

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J--