Re: over 5Gb missing from a 13.5Gb disk

Andre Hedrick (andre@suse.com)
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 22:35:20 -0800 (PST)

The ABIT version of the HPT366 sometimes needs help on getting the
geometry correct regardless. This is an issue where you moved the drive
from the PIIX4 to HPT366 correct?

PIIX4 defaults to LBA
HPT366 defaults to CHS

This is a chipset issue not geometry solely.

Andries please ask me for clearification when people move a drive that was
setup by an onboard (normal) chipset (ata-33) to the (ata-66).
I am just now shaking down this issue.

Would you like a card mailed to you?
Offline me your address.

Andre Hedrick