Re: SIGCONT misbehaviour in Linux

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 01:38:32 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

>I've noticed some general dysfunction with Linux and attaching strace to
>running processes. It seems that strace cannot attach without effecting

There are things that you should expect to break. For example if you
SIGSTOP your parent (that is always strace) while you are traced, then
you'll deadlock the first time you'll try to return to userspace
immediatly after you sent the signal to strace. This is normal and it's
not trivial to fix it.

Andrea