Re: BSD Socket Interface inside the kernel?

Thu, 9 Dec 1999 08:27:54 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Dmitry Brodsky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As a pet project I am investigating the benefits/draw backs of
> placing a simple web server inside the kernel. Is there a BSD
> Socket interface one can use while inside the kernel?
>
> Thanks
> ttyl
> Dima

You need a process context for file descriptors, including sockets.
I'd advise you to make a web-server that replaces init. Then you
get to do everything you want (and more for growth), plus you use
any kernel.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson

Penguin : Linux version 2.3.13 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).
Warning : The end of the world as we know it requires a new calendar.
Seconds : 1956726 (until Y2K)