Re: knfsd and exporting mounts points...

Neil Brown (neilb@cse.unsw.edu.au)
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:24:42 +1100 (EST)

On Wednesday December 8, bmacy@sunshinecomputing.com wrote:
> I take it exporting of a filesystem tree with multiple mount points
> isn't implemented still. From the looks of it CONFIG_SUN_NFSD simply
> prevents a permission error rather than actually exporting mount points.
>
> If there is a patch available please let me know where it is :)
>
> Brian Macy

It is supported in recent 2.3 kernels.
You need the latest nfs-utils
ftp://ftp.linuxnfs.sourceforge.org/pub/nfs/nfs-utils-0.1.4.tar.gz

and set the "nohide" export option on filesystems that you don't want
to be hidden.

Support is incomplete in that it only works properly if you export the
filesystems to specific hosts. Exporting to netgroups or wildcarded
domain names wont work (yet).

Also, not all nfs clients will cope with seeing different filesystems
under what they expect to be only one filesystem.

NeilBrown