Re: 2.3.31: eepro100 transmit timeouts

Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
10 Dec 1999 00:35:32 GMT

In article <cistron.Pine.LNX.4.10.9912091627520.798-100000@twaugh.surrey.redhat.com>,
Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> wrote:
>With 2.3.31 I get this:
>eth0: Transmit timed out: status 0050 0000 at 33884/33896 command 000c0000.
>[more debugging snipped]

This is a design problem in all Donald's ethernet drivers if I understand
correctly. There have been (pointers to) patches on this list for the
tulip and eepro100 drivers one or two weeks ago.

For the eepro100 you might want to look at the fixed driver by
Savochkin Andrey Vladimirovich, see

ftp://ftp.nc.orc.ru/pub/Linux/people/saw/kernel/

I really hope the authors of the patches, fixed drivers and Donald
will get together and fix all the drivers in the 2.3 series. Or
that Alan gets them to do it ;)

Mike.