Re: knfsd crashes on SMP pentium box (HX) (SCSI onboard), on RH 6.1, disabling knfsd, possible ?

Benno Senoner (sbenno@gardena.net)
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 19:38:35 +0100

On Thu, 09 Dec 1999, Michael Glauche wrote:
> Did u have any success with this ?
> I have a simmilar Problem :
> dual pentium MMX 233, gdt hardware raid, kernel 6.1
> I got massive problems with knfsd, so I totally stopped
> using it. (same syntoms as you describe, knfsd "locks" up
> the machine, tells no errormessage)
>
> regards,
> Michael

Hmm .. seems that there is a SMP problem in knfsd,

I can only say that it is very unlikely that my dual pentium
hardware is faulty since this box worked very will as a NFS
server using an old slackware distro with kernel 2.0.33 + userspace NFS.

Tomorrow I will disable knfsd , let's see what happens.

any thoughts ?

Benno.