Re: linux-2.3.31: drivers/char/drm/drmP.h does not allow 386 build

Sat, 11 Dec 1999 01:32:57 +0100

David Weinehall wrote:
> CONFIG_M386_GENERIC, which is the crufted version with compability for all
> processors
>
> and
>
> CONFIG_M386, which is cruftfree and known to work on 386's, without any
> optimisations for other processors.
>
> In my opinion, Linux is getting a bit too slow on 386's, without any real
> reason.

The related are for improvment is "optimise for 686 but compatible with
all x86". Probably just a matter of setting the right compiler options
and using the appropriate string and checksum routines.

-- Jamie