Re: ESS maestro 2.2.31 no sound

Serge Robyns (serge.robyns@advalvas.be)
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 16:10:39 +0100

Wakko Warner wrote:

> > You have to apply this patch against version 0.13 of maestro.c
> > you can find it on http://people.redhat.com/zab/maestro/
> >
> > It worked for a 2.3.29 kernel and my NEC VERSA LX
> >
> > Good Luck and may be try to have contact with zach..
>
> Ok. I'm using 2.3.31 on mine, well was.
>
> I'm also having problems with the cardbus controller. I sent a message to
> lkml about it, so all the info is there. Yours has a ricoh cardbus chip,
> right? I'd really love to get the pcmcia fixed.
>
> --
> Lab tests show that use of micro$oft causes cancer in lab animals

I also gave up on 2.3.31!
It killed my system very quickly :((

I've indeed a RICOH one.
But I always had trouble with PCMICA and 2.3.
(For example insert/remove/insert of my network card kills the machine).
I sended various mails, but no responce...

I'm using 2.2.13 as that one is stable for my job and with zach's driver
everything works, I stay there... I need to develop other stuff also and
that has prio one.
Although I need to hack on 2.3 to have process IO/network metrics introduced
before it become 2.4 (pain, pain, ....) and 2.3.30/31 didn't pick up my patches
(dunno why).

Sincerly,

Serge

--
 _______________
/               \
|                                                \
| RC&S (Robyns Consulting & Services)             \
| 139, avenue De Fre                               |
| 1180 Uccle - Belgium                             |
| phone: +32(477)29.66.97 -O- fax: +1(801)469-9358 |
|   \|/   mailto:serge.robyns@advalvas.be   \|/    |
\___/o\____ http://web.wanadoo.be/rc.s/ ____/o\____/