Re: Supporting Macintosh FinderInfo/Resource Fork in Linux NWFS 2.0

Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 21:11:41 -0700

I'm using the ACS_* characters in ncurses. These map to +=-, etc. on
terminals that don't have support for the box characters (an Alan Cox
suggestion -- excellent one at that). Folks were right about the 8 bit
stuff, it's a char set mapping problem, and the console is putting out
the **wrong** 8 bit characters for line drawing. It's a shame that
ncurses is dumb and doesn't detect this and switch to cp_437 during
initscr(). Even the ACS_ULCORNER, etc. output trash on the screen if
you haven't swapped the code page. I've also noticed that the linux
version of ncurses under 'X' will ignore keypad(initscr, TRUE), and
still pass up ESC sequences, though the bash shell does what the docs
say (X doesn't). I am trying to figure out why.

Jeff