Re: crypted swapspace?

Frank v Waveren (fvw@var.cx)
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 17:12:33 +0100

How about just having the kernel generate a random key at boottime, and using
some cryptographic alg. that allow easy seeking, encrypt all that is written
/ read to the swapfile. It would give a slight performance hit, but shouldn't
be too difficult to implement. The key should ofcourse (like all kernel mem)
never be swapped out.

Frank v Waveren fvw@var.cx ICQ# 10074100