Re: Thread-private mappings and graphics (was Re: Per-Processor Data

Jon Leech (ljp@oddhack.engr.sgi.com)
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 18:59:16 -0800 (PST)

James Simmons <jsimmons@edgeglobal.com> wrote:
> The question we have to ask why do we want private mapping. The reason
>DRE (Direct Rendering Engine) needs this is to ensure a page fault
>happens.

Just to be absolutely clear, the topic I brought up initially has to
do only with use of the OpenGL API from multithreaded applications; it
has nothing whatsoever to do with "DRE", which is not a project SGI is
involved in, or with other aspects of the graphics hardware access
model.
Jon Leech
SGI