Re: [security] Big problem on 2.0.x? (fwd)

Eugene Crosser (crosser@average.org)
16 Dec 1999 09:05:01 +0300

In article <E11yECj-0001Tr-00@the-village.bc.nu>,
Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> writes:
>> > If you want to become 2.0.x maintainer and fix this and the other chunk of
>> > bugs then be my guest. I don't really have time to worry about 2.0, 2.2 and
>> > 2.3.34.
>>
>> Ok. As long as everyone else accepts it. What does the almighty penguin
>> say about this?
>
> I have no idea. I don't have time to sort out 2.0,but i do have time to
> review a 2.0.39 suggested set from someone who is willing to do all the leg
> work.

If someone jumps into 2.0 maintenance, please let him stand up and say
so out loud. I'd suggest including es137[01] audio driver in the kernel.
There is a patch floating around for 2.0.6, plus a small patch from
myself (backporting a few ioctls).

The reason I am running 2.0 (and wanting this driver) is that the only
usable version of RealAudio server/encoder only works on 2.0...

Eugene