RE: 2.3.33 and USB Zip ???

Dunlap, Randy (randy.dunlap@intel.com)
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:54:51 -0800

To get usb-scsi devices to work, I have usually
had to enter:
> echo "scsi add-single-device 1 0 0 0" > /proc/scsi/scsi

after the usb_scsi driver find the device.
This apparently causes a rescan of the SCSI bus/devices.
(The echo > /proc/scsi/scsi is documented in the
SCSI Programming HOWTO.)
Then you should be able to mount the device.

Someone is working on the driver so that this won't be
necessary in the future.

~Randy